Monday, June 3, 2013

Things I Will Miss

  • The waiters and waitresses never assume the man is paying.
  • Men check you out all the time. (And, don’t worry, women check out the men too.)
  • Our buddies at the café next door who shake our hands on the way in, every time!
  • The 2-minute pause for an espresso shot at the bar for 1€, in a real cup and saucer. So much more civilized than Starbucks, and better coffee too!
  • Beauty everywhere you look—architecture, art, fountains, parks, store fronts, cafes.
  • Not driving!
  • Joking around with strangers. People do that on the East Coast in the States, but not in California. I miss that from Boston too.
  • Having a “charming accent.”
  • Never having a bad hair day. There’s something about the air here and I wish I could take it with me!
  • Adventures in a place where lawyers haven’t spoiled all the fun.
  • People who actually have time to get together! 
  • Kir royale.
  • Never running out of things to do.
  • Being allowed to keep your table for as long as you want to with no pressure to pay and leave, no matter how little you order.
  • Being so close to the rest of Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment